An non-exhaustive list of topics for this workshop:
- Psychological theory that can be used for personalization (e.g., personality, level of domain knowledge, need for cognition, cognitive styles)
- Data mining methods to infer user profiles in terms of psychological models (e.g., how to infer someone’s personality from their social media)
- How (user) interfaces can be tailored to better match certain user profiles (e.g., altering the number of search results, ordering of interface elements, visual versus textual representations)
- User studies investigating one or more of the above points
For this workshop we encourage three kinds of submissions:
- full papers (anonymized up to 8-10 pages)
- short papers (anonymized up to 4-6 pages)
- white papers/position statements (anonymized up to 2-4 pages)
* page count is excluding references
Submissions should follow the standard SigCHI format. Use either the Microsoft Word template or the LaTeX template: http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html/
All submissions will undergo a peer-review process to ensure a high standard of quality. Referees will consider originality, significance, technical soundness, clarity of exposition, and relevance to the workshop’s topics. The reviewing process will be double-blind so submissions should be properly anonymized according to the following guidelines:
- Author’s names and affiliations are not visible anywhere in the paper.
- Acknowledgements should be anonymized or removed during the review process.
- Self-citations should be included where necessary, but must use the third person. For example, “… as shown in our previous user study  … ” is not allowed, whereas “… as shown in Smith et al.  ” is acceptable (because in this case the citation  will NOT be perceived as self-citation).
Research papers should be submitted electronically as a single PDF through the EasyChair conference submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=humanize2017
Publication and Registration
Accepted submissions will be included in the ACM Digital Library as part of the IUI 2017 proceedings. In order for accepted papers to be included, at least one author should be registered (http://iui.acm.org/2017/registration.html) and attend the workshop.