An non-exhaustive list of topics for this workshop:
- Psychological theory that can be used for personalization (e.g., personality, level of domain knowledge, need for cognition, cognitive styles)
- Data mining methods to infer user profiles in terms of psychological models (e.g., how to infer someone’s personality from their social media)
- How (user) interfaces can be tailored to better match certain user profiles (e.g., altering the number of search results, ordering of interface elements, visual versus textual representations)
- User studies investigating one or more of the above points
For this workshop we encourage three kinds of submissions:
- full papers (anonymized up to 8-10 pages)
- short papers (anonymized up to 4-6 pages)
- white papers/position statements (anonymized up to 2-4 pages)
* page count is excluding references
All submissions will undergo a peer-review process to ensure a high standard of quality. Referees will consider originality, significance, technical soundness, clarity of exposition, and relevance to the workshop’s topics. The reviewing process will be double-blind so submissions should be properly anonymized according to the following guidelines:
- Author’s names and affiliations are not visible anywhere in the paper.
- Acknowledgements should be anonymized or removed during the review process.
- Self-citations should be included where necessary, but must use the third person. For example, “… as shown in our previous user study  … ” is not allowed, whereas “… as shown in Smith et al.  ” is acceptable (because in this case the citation  will NOT be perceived as self-citation).
Research papers should be submitted electronically as a single PDF through the EasyChair conference submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=humanize2019
Publication and Registration
Accepted submissions will be included in a Joint Proceedings of the ACM IUI 2019 Workshops . In order for accepted papers to be included, at least one author should be registered (http://iui.acm.org/2019/registration.html) and attend the workshop.